Dear Maryland Organizational Members:
The USTA Maryland Board of Directors wishes to address the Annual Meeting Notice and Ballot information mailed to you earlier this month and which is on our website.
Regarding Item #1 and Item #2:
Included here is a revised Maryland ballot to be used for your vote.
The potential conflict of electing Carol Wood as Maryland’s representative on the MAS Nominating Committee and as MAS Delegate has been discussed by the Maryland District Board. The Board has a plan to address that outcome should Carol be elected to both positions.
If the alternate slate prevails at the MAS meeting Nov. 17:
· Carol has informed the Board that she will resign as the MD representative on the MAS nominating committee
· the MD Board will immediately select a new MD representative (Rich Kent, the current MD Treasurer )
· the MD membership will be asked to vote on the new representative, either in a special meeting as provided for in the MD by laws or at the next annual meeting of the membership
Carol Wood recused herself during the Maryland Board discussion of this matter, after having made clear that she understood the conflict and was prepared to step down as the MD representative on the MAS committee should the alternate slate prevail and she be elected MAS Delegate.
The advice of the USTA Maryland Legal Counsel is that the situation represents a “potential conflict” at the time of the Maryland annual meeting on November 3. An actual conflict may not occur until the outcome of the voting at the MAS annual meeting is known on November 17.
Regarding Item #3:
Included here is a revised MAS ballot to be used for your vote.
With this revised ballot, USTA Maryland intends to clarify any confusion regarding your vote on the two slates of officers for the USTA Mid-Atlantic Section that may have resulted from the first ballot sent to you.
What We’re Asking You to Do
· Even if you have already voted, please vote again and return BOTH of the revised ballots and the proxy once you have voted. Previously received ballots will not be counted.
· Return the ballots and proxy no later than Wednesday, October 31, 2012 by fax to
301 432-4911 or by fax to 410 290-5285 or by email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail ballots and proxy to USTA Maryland, 10015 Old Columbia Road, Columbia, MD 21046.
MD Ballot Revised Proxy
MAS Ballor Revised   Call
If you have any questions please contact the USTA Maryland office at 301 432-6722.