VOTE for Volunteer of the Month now!
Jackson Tsai - Volunteer of the Month!
USTA Maryland is a volunteer based organization committed to its mission to promote and develop the growth of tennis throughout the state of Maryland. We would like to take this opportunity to thank the hundreds of volunteers that donate their time and energy, year after year, working side by side with our staff to deliver tennis programs to every corner of the state. We continuously seek dedicated individuals for volunteer positions on the local and state level, who love tennis and believe in our mission. We will find the level and volunteer position that fits you best. We welcome all – novice players to Division I athletes.
Why do most people volunteer for a group or organization? The answers are many and varied.
Several reasons that individuals help others are:
• Have fun and feel good
• Earn great recommendations for future employment or college applications
• Build your resume
• Uncover hidden skills and talents
• Increase your self-confidence
• Make a difference
• Get to know a community or an organization
• Have an impact
• Learn something new
• Be challenged
• Do something different from your job
• Have an excuse to do what you love
• Be part of a team
Volunteer Opportunities within USTA Maryland and with your local Community Tennis Association span on court duties and office duties – you do not have to be a certified teaching professional to donate your time!
• Special Events – tennis expos, fairs, etc
• Special skills – photography, event planning, etc
• Adult/Senior Tournament Tennis
• Adult/Senior Recreational Tennis
• Adult/Senior League Tennis
• Tennis on Campus – Collegiate Club Teams
• Junior Tournament Tennis
• Junior Recreational Tennis – After School Tennis, Junior Leagues, etc
• High School Tennis Teams
• Special Populations Programming
• Clerical/Office Support/Marketing/Fundraising
• Board of Directors
To complete a volunteer application please click here – the completed form can be sent via email to Jennifer Gregg at email@example.com or by mailing it to USTA Maryland, 10015 Old Columbia Road, Suite B-215, Columbia, MD 21046. If you have any questions please call Jennifer at 410-312-5460.
Online Volunteer Application